December 8th, 2017 Gallery Showing

Today, I went to a Gallery Showing at Julio Fine Arts Gallery. At this showing, I saw a variety of student's art pieces that were very interesting and unique. One student's art work that I liked was Saadiq Coakley. This student named the artwork, Visions: Far and Near. The student used archival digital prints as the medium. The photographs were of landscapes and areal views, in which he used a drone to capture. I particularly liked this work because I am a fan or photographs in generally and really like landscape photos, like the bridge that you see below. I think that having a drone take the picture from above was a really nice perspective too because we can't see that view at eye level and it gives you the ability to see the landscape as a whole.


I also enjoyed looking at Katelyn Herearty's work. She took photographs of her closets friends and blew them up to a larger scale on a canvas and then outlined them in colorful flowers. Each color represented her perspective of them and what they represent. The artist said that these girls represented her LLYAS, or the phrase "Love you like a sister." I thought it was interesting how each girl represented a different color and I like the touch of flowers that outlined them because it added texture to the piece, moving the viewer's eye around. You can see this below in the photo.


The last artist whose work I found very interesting and intriguing was Clara Moore. The title of her work was, "I Dreamt of Past Lives: Arrival." She also used archival digital prints to represent her work. I felt that her work told a story and was very unique in that each picture was completely different. As a viewer, I felt that the pictures didn't connect in a way; however, I thought that was why it was so interesting. She had a picture of a woman in a forest with pearls in her mouth and then a person standing in a church with a white sheet over them and then closed the piece with a person who was underwater and just their hands coming out of the water holding a bird house, which can be seen below in the picture. I thought that these perspectives were so interesting and each had a meaning behind them that related to an overall meaning of the collection.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Ball of Wax

Postmodernism Finish Project