BMA Works



 Claude Monet
Waterloo Bridge, Sunlight Effect with Smoke

Composition:
·      Leading lines
·      Radiating lines
·      L lines
·      Rule of Thirds

I like this piece because it reminds me of home. I can relate to it because I’ve been to New York City multiple times and have seen some of these structures, such as the Empire State building. I enjoy visuals of buildings and architecture as well. I think the meaning of this piece is to show a simple and calmer side of NCY instead of capturing the cars and people that makes NYC. There are also many lines in this piece, which represent one-dimensional properties.  




 Alfred Sisley
Populars on a River Bank”

Composition
·      L shape
·      Leading lines
·      Radiating lines

I liked this work because it seems like a peaceful and natural setting. I feel like I can go to this place and be relaxed while enjoying my surroundings. The water setting caught my eye as well because I love scenes with water. I think the meaning of this piece is to show simplicity and to give a calming and soothing feeling to viewers. This work also has a lot of dots that compose the grass and river, which have no dimension qualities, but only location properties.




 Jean Baptiste Camille Corot
Sevres-Brimborin, View towards Paris

Composition:
·      Golden Triangle
·      Leading lines
·      Radiating lines


I liked this work because it gives me a country vibe. I like how it seems simple but then you look in the distance and realize that the path is leading towards Paris. It gives me the impression that people are working towards making their way to the city. I feel that this work gives the meaning that people start from scratch and work so hard to get to a bigger place in their life. This work also contains a lot of points in the landscape aspects of the piece. These points represent texture, color and thickness of the object, with makes the piece more physical.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Whole Ball of Wax

Postmodernism Finish Project